SAMU is a true EA repository with a flexible meta model, which is able to generate compelling diagrams about architecture that everyone can understand in a sec.
What’s more, you can directly manage the architecture elements over the diagram. The architectural impact of transformation projects can be planned and governed together.
- Define any object types, any relationship types and any attribute types
- All reports are based on real-time user-defined queries
- Easy to create any new architecture diagram or list
- Overviews with drill-down capability
- Advanced diagram displaying rules (global and local) – eg: all “Critical” “Applications” to appear with a red mark.
- User-defined special reports (matrices, timelines, charts, etc. with XSLT)
EASE OF USE
- Single web-client for all administrative and user functions
- Intuitive GUI and architecture visualization even for non-IT people
- Manage objects and relationships directly on the diagrams (create, modify, delete)
- Permissions are bound to group memberships
- Two-level permission management: data access rights + functional permissions
- LDAP, DB or mixed authentication
- Import objects and relationships from Excel or XML
- Automatic data synchronization (REST, JDBC, LDAP interfaces) with the optional sync module (currently available for on-premise implementations only)
- Dedicated object management screen for mass operations
- Full audit trail and time-machine function
- APIs for smooth integration
- Web-only tool with all configuration and data stored in a single DB